A master suite is usually the largest bedroom in the home. It consists of the bedroom and other adjoining rooms such as a master bathroom, closet, or sitting area. Many people (typically couples) like the idea of having part of the home that is separate from the rest. It's a nice retreat after a long day of work, for example.
Here are some options you may consider when planning your master suite:
1. A space for seating or conversation. You may include a sofa or loveseat, or just a couple of comfortable chairs as an alternative to having conversations while sitting on the bed.
2. Space for an entertainment unit. If you prefer having a TV, computer, or other technology in the space be sure to wire and set up space for an entertainment unit.
3. You may add bookshelves for a small library, including comfortable seating. We recommend that this area is close to a window for optimal natural lighting.
4. The master suite is a great place for a fireplace.
5. Consider walk-in closets with built-in shelves for optimal organization. We love the option of adding skylights in the closets for natural light.
Within the master bath:
1. Luxury spa or whirlpool bath tub.
2. Consider a separate shower - one that is a walk-in with jet sprays and/or luxury showerheads.
3. You may add warming towel bars.
4. Double vanities with large mirrors, custom storage (like drawers and cupboards).
5. Heated flooring.
If you live in the Northern Virginia area and you’re interested in a free estimate, or would like to know how Lensis Builders, Inc. can make your home even better, give us a call at 703-367-8999 or fill out a short contact form. If you’re looking for inspiration for your next project, visit our Pinterest page.