When completing a basement remodeling project, you have many options when it comes to how to utilize your space. Depending on your personal needs and wants, you may opt to use your basement as a bedroom suite, additional living space, media room, or entertainment space. In this post, we'll outline some options you have when turning your basement into a media or entertainment room.
1. When planning for a media room or home theatre, you may consider adding the following options:
- Flat screen TV with storage space for DVDs, CDs, etc.
- A room without windows or the use of blackout window treatments
- A terraced (slanted) floor to ensure that everyone can see the big screen
- A surround sound system that is added during the construction process
- Lights that can be dimmed
- A small kitchen or snack bar
- A dry/wet bar with the option for a sink, refrigerator, countertops, and cabinets
2. When planning for an entertainment room beyond the media room, you may consider planning for these options:
- Ping-poing, foosball, or pool tables
- Arcade machines
- A kitchenette/snack bar area
- A wet/dry bar with bar stools
- An indoor racketball or tennis court (if space permits)
- A hot tub or swimming pool (if space permits)
- An open concept living area that includes comfortable furniture
When doing a basement remodel, you have several options when it comes to how you'll use your space. The basement is the ideal space for entertaining, as it can be customized to how you plan on using it. Some other ideas for basements include an art studio, a darkroom for developing photography, a music room, a study room, and a workshop for building.
If you live in the Northern Virginia area and you’re interested in a free estimate, or would like to know how Lensis Builders, Inc. can make your home even better, give us a call at 703-367-8999 or fill out a short contact form. If you’re looking for inspiration for your next project, visit our Pinterest page.