Based on conversations with clients, friends, family, and experts in the field, the contractor you choose is the single most important factor in determining how smooth (or stressful) your remodeling project goes. Selecting the right contractor means you'll be satisfied with the end product. Choosing the wrong contractor can end in extra costs, time, and a bad experience overall. So, who is the right fit for you?
These top questions will help guide you in selecting the right contractor and making sure you address all of your wants and needs in your remodeling project.
Here are some helpful questions:
1. What is the history of your business?
2. Who will be at the site while the project is under way? How will it be supervised?
3. Can you give me a timeline?
4. Can I get that in writing? Specifically, what does the contract entail?
5. How will you communicate with me? When do we have check ins about the progress of my project?
6. What references do you have? Can I see completed work of past clients?
7. How will you let me know when I need to make decisions throughout the process?
8. What happens if there are unexpected orders/changes in the remodeling process? How do you deal with those obstacles?
9. Who are the suppliers you work with? (This may include tile shops, kitchen and bath showrooms, lumber yards, etc.).
10. How many jobs do you typically work on at once?
Image via Lensis Builders, Inc.
While this is certainly not an exhaustive list, we believe that these questions will help narrow down your search in finding a remodeling contractor that is right for you. Remember, it ultimately comes down to finding someone you trust and feel comfortable with. Fortunately for our clients, we make sure that all jobs are well thought out and prepared for before the contract is even signed. Our extensive up-front process allows for a smooth renovation that will leave you loving your new space!
If you live in the Northern Virginia area and you’re interested in a free estimate, or would like to know how Lensis Builders, Inc. can make your home even better, give us a call at 703-367-8999 or fill out a short contact form. If you’re looking for inspiration for your next project, visit our Pinterest page.